When asked if we're hiring, the answer is "about always"-IF the RIGHT individual is seeking an opportunity to join our team. CLICK HERE FOR AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION.
Since we started in 1989, we've strived to provide a very stable, predictable year-round working environment.
We believe strongly in training, personal development, and creating a win/win team environment of like-minded individuals with the "can do" spirit.
Our work environment is very unique being: modernized, clean, heated, and professional.
We offer competitive incentive based compensation plans and an attractive benefits package after 90 days of successful employment.
We have written job descriptions and regularly scheduled performance evaluations.
We believe that finding the right cultural match in hiring is the best indicator for a healthy long term relationship.
Below are characteristics that would fall under a cultural match (or mismatch) if you're considering employment at South Shore Marine:
- What can I do for you attitude
- Appreciates empowerment & opportunity
- Positive and energetic by nature
- Hard-working, goes the extra mile
- Appreciates organization & efficiency
- Strives for excellence
- Continually improving
- Lifetime learner, welcomes training
- Understanding of the service industry
- Values the strength of the team
- Welcoming of change
- What can you do for me attitude
- Seeks entitlement
- Indifferent, negative by nature
- Casual pace - "it's good enough mindset"
- Accepting of disorganization
- Accepting of mediocrity
- Comfortable with status quo
- Complacent and about done learning
- Concerned most about individual needs
- Rigid in thinking and set in ways
If you have a passion for our industry and seek a professional environment with growth potential, please forward a completed application of employment, your resume, and positive references.